It’s that time of year again! We are very excited about this year’s Homecoming Celebration Weekend, October 12 – 14, and as always, we look forward to welcoming alumni, parents and friends back to the McGill campus! Please visit the Homecoming 2017 Events page for more information.
As a special note, please mark off on your calendars Saturday, October 14th to join us at the Homecoming Football Tailgate Party on the field at the Percival Molson Memorial Stadium starting at noon. The Redmen vs Concordia Stingers game will kick-off at 2 p.m. At 1:45 p.m. alumni will be invited onto the field to form the Alumni Tunnel to greet the Redmen.
McGill has a variety of events in the works including great Canadians including Education alumna Sally Armstrong (BEd’66, DLitt’02), Charles Taylor (BA’52), and Rex Murphy speaking over the course of the celebration weekend. From the Leacock Lunch and the Beatty Memorial Lecture, to honouring the classes of 1992 and 1967, there really is something for everyone! Here’s a sneak preview of what’s going on:
- Leacock Lunch with Rex Murphy
- 25th Anniversary Silver Celebration for the Class of 1992
- Golden Jubilee for the Class of 1967
- Young Alumni networking cocktail
- Great Debate – celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Debating Union
- Sir William MacDonald Luncheon with Sally Armstrong
- Homecoming Football Tailgate Party & Football game